Author Topic: Mazda 6 2014 2.2 Diesel Carbon build up  (Read 124 times)

Offline mrkarlos

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2014
Mazda 6 2014 2.2 Diesel Carbon build up
« on: June 14, 2020, 09:02:45 pm »

Hi all,
I’m looking for some help and advice please.
I have a 2014 2.2 diesel which has just over 79k on it. I purchased it from new, having it serviced by Mazda with all the recommended recalls and updates.

So the other day I had the dpf inspection required light come on? So got it booked in to Mazda to get this checked out.

Took a call from the garage to be told that they have tried to a force re generation on it but it cannot be performed ?
From what I’m being told the injectors are faulty, Numerous sensors need changing and that the head  needs de-coking due to carbon build up oh and the dpf is probably blocked. Also forgot to mention the oil level rising. Has anybody else had issues with there car after the engine software update ( AJ024* ) and the Intake shutter valve ( AK016A ) recalls?  Not to sure if any these recalls could have contributed to the failure of these parts as the garage has said that one part failed then in turn has taken out parts there after.

I did read on Honest John forum that somebody had the shutter valve update and the garage performed a Carbon clean which I don’t think was done to mine?

Clutching at straws I no but just wondering if anybody else has had similar problems and what the out come was as from what I’m being told the cost of the repairs is going to outway the value of the car so I might as well scrap it, certainly not what I expect from a 5 1\2 year car.

Thanks in advance