Author Topic: P0472 and p0471 fault codes  (Read 92 times)

Offline Deanktb

• S Class
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
P0472 and p0471 fault codes
« on: September 15, 2018, 07:19:14 am »
Hi,hoping someone can help. I've got a 63 plate 2.2d sel nav estate. Recently had front tyres and brake pads changed. Next day drove car and it came up with scbs inspection,engine inspection and traction control light was on. Car ran fine apart from I couldn't use cruise control  istop didn't work and the display that tells you what gear you are in wasn't working. Put it on a cheap diagnostic scanner and came up with these fault codes p0471 and p0472 which related to exhaust pressure sensor. So I  bought a new pressure sensor  and fitted it and cleared codes.  Now I'm still getting same error codes. But now I'm getting low power under 2000 rpm and when I take my foot of the throtle engines revs are delayed before they start to drop. 

Offline apav

• Takara Class
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: P0472 and p0471 fault codes
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 01:10:15 pm »
It sounds like a lot of random problems came together.

If you can find what triggered the problems, then you could do something about it.

Removing the wheels, replacing the pads and the tyres and putting the wheels back, it does not seem like what caused the problem.

But if they hit the car, or messed with something else, then you have to investigate in this direction.

The exhaust pressure sensor could have been faulty but it could also mean that the DPF died. I am not sure if it is healthy to keep replacing parts like that.

Offline Deanktb

• S Class
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
Re: P0472 and p0471 fault codes
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 04:03:31 pm »
The exhaust pressure sensor was the only fault that came up on the diagnostic. Apparently this causes the other lights (scbs,traction control and engine management lights) to come on. That's y I changed the exhaust pressure sensor. Was just trying to c if I could resolve it before mazda chucked a load of expensive parts at it trying to fix it. The car has only done 37000 miles and does regular motorway runs so dpf should be ok. Also have had no lights come up for dpf or fault codes. Was wondering if it could be something related to exaust pressure. sensor