Author Topic: Drivers window only won't move  (Read 4783 times)

Offline foxhillsteve

• S Class
  • Colour: Galaxy Grey (32S) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Drivers window only won't move
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:42:41 pm »
Hi, I've just inherited a Mazda 6 2.0 TS D 2005 model.

All of the electric windows work except for the driver's side, it won't move at all when I try the button. I've tried holding the button down for 10 seconds and I hear a click, but when I lift up the button no matter how long I hold it up for, it never clicks again. The window won't budge, even if I hold the button down and slam the door closed.

I've checked the fuses near the passenger footwell, both the 20a and 30a power windows had no fuse, however the other 3 electric windows work fine from this driver's side switch panel so I assume this isn't an issue.

Any tips on what else I need to try please.

Thanks

Offline foxhillsteve

• S Class
  • Colour: Galaxy Grey (32S) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
Re: Drivers window only won't move
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:29:11 pm »
I've also noticed that the driver's windows doesn't move up or down using the remote key fob (when you hold the unlock or lock button down), all of the other windows move correctly.

Would this mean it is the motor, rather than the switch since I'm using the remote key fob to move the window?

Offline TamboH

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport
Re: Drivers window only won't move
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:57:33 am »
I'd guess at the motor. Recently had to replace my passenger motor after the same problem. Wasn't a bad job to do and the motor cost 30 delivered from a breaker on ebay. Only way to tell is to see if you're getting voltage at the motor plug.