Author Topic: Eonon Android HU and the Bose Stereo  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Broster19

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Eonon Android HU and the Bose Stereo
« on: May 11, 2017, 02:32:55 pm »
Hi All

I have moved to a 6 from a 3, both have/had a Bose stereo. In the 3 I installed a Eonon WinCE HU and while it was great the volume was very loud, there was also a hiss consistently. I have now purchased an Eonon Android HU for the 6 and when connecting it found volume 1 was ear splittingly loud and there was consistently a loud buzz. After some Googlings I found that the issues is that the Eonon stereo amps the audio and sends it to the Bose amp which guess what amps it again. A couple of people online have shown a hack which gets round this, wiring the RCA outs into the harness as such sending a set low single to the Bose amp. I have now done this and volume is normal and also no buzz. Woo!

Added a few screenshots in the .zip as although not hard to do hard to find online...

Edit :   Please read this .. http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=1846.0
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:29:42 pm by Willpower »

Offline Broster19

• S Class
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Re: Eonon Android HU and the Bose Stereo
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 02:34:07 pm »
I should also explain that the 4 wires and the bottom of the harness in the first image are the lines into the amp for front and rear speakers. The top of the Eonon units have a wire diagram displaying this also.

Offline The Walt

• S Class
  • Trim: SE-L
  • Year: 2008
Re: Eonon Android HU and the Bose Stereo
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 09:19:14 pm »
So how is the radio a few months on? Are you happy with it?
On a weird side note, it seems that a lot of the links posted in the forum for the OEM-style Chinese units are no longer valid, even going directly to the company websites and searching for "Mazda 6". Maybe all the manufacturers were building the Mazda 6 models in the same factory and it burned down in a flood?