Author Topic: Map update Dec2019 for 2016 car  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Biffo67

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2016
Map update Dec2019 for 2016 car
« on: January 11, 2020, 04:17:51 pm »
My 3 year free map update ended in October. The latest update then was February 2019. I have bought the December 2019 update at over £100 but after I try to install it I am told I have an update available but it just won't install. Does anyone know how you can tell which update is on th SD card. I can't see this info when using Mazda toolbox. I have never previously had any problems installing the "free" updates

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Map update Dec2019 for 2016 car
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 02:29:01 pm »
I do not have that car to know the technical details but it sounds that you have bought it from Mazda and they may have some customer service for support.

In this link:

https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/navigation-updatemymaps?language=en-EU

It says that you must have enough free space in your card:

Before buying this update, please verify with Mazda Toolbox PC-tool if there is enough free storage space on your SD card to install this update.

So what you try to do may stops because it finds the new update but then the installation does not start because there is no space.

I assume that this is just a normal SD card. If that is the case and you have a spare one, you could try installing the update to the other card and see whether this works.

If it works, then it meant that there no space on the other card. You will then have 2 SD cards just in case goes wrong with either of them you can go back to the others.

Before you do anything drastic with the old maps and you end up with no maps at all, if you cannot make it work, try to contact Mazda.

Offline aljshep

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 11:01:32 am »
Just got this from Mazda:

Dear Mazda Toolbox User,

We would like to inform you about a possible problem you may encounter when purchasing a new map update for your MZDConnect navigation system via the Mazda Toolbox.

Due to a technical error, installing the purchased map update on your SD card might not be possible temporarily.

Don’t worry, we assure you that your rights for the map update will stay with your account. As soon as the technical issue is fixed, you will be able to install the content. We will inform you right away when the problem is fixed.

In case you are about to make a purchase, we recommend you wait until you receive an email from us, or you can contact your nearest Mazda dealership for further details. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,
MZDConnect Toolbox team

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 11:31:35 am »
That is good news because it sounds like they reacted to customer calls that there was a problem with the installation. At least you have the old map still working.

Offline aljshep

• S Class
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 08:07:52 am »
Latest from Mazda:

Dear Mazda Toolbox User,
 We are happy to inform you that the map update installation error for your MZDConnect navigation system has been fixed.

If you made a purchase or redeemed a code and could not install the map, please start the Toolbox again, insert your SD card and log in. The Toolbox will automatically offer the purchased map for installation.
If you haven't purchased anything yet, you can now do so without any foreseen installation problems. Just start the Toolbox and follow the on-screen instructions to update your map.

Offline Coypars

• S Class
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 11:27:48 am »
Just updated my maps online to latest June 2020 no problems encountered.