Author Topic: 2017 Mazda 6 2.0 Drivers Seat  (Read 3242 times)

Offline grumpyxch

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
2017 Mazda 6 2.0 Drivers Seat
« on: March 17, 2022, 02:04:45 pm »
I have a really strange set of questions to ask the forum.

Just recently I have started having a problem when driving my car for more than about 5 minutes. I start to get a pain in my left hamstring (that is the main muscle at the back of the thigh). It feels like I am sitting on something that presses into my leg, but if I get out of the car and press down on the seat with my hands as hard as I can, I cannot find anything that may be sticking up. I dont know if there are springs there. The car has done about 47000 miles so the seat cushioning is less resistant to compression when sat on.

Has anyone on the forum experienced anything similar? Did replacing the seat cushioning fix the problem? How expensive was it? Is it simple to do?

Thanks for your help.

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE
  • Year: 2014
Re: 2017 Mazda 6 2.0 Drivers Seat
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 02:47:14 pm »
Springs, ha ha, no foam rubber.  Pity no springs though, like cars used to be and leather seats.
Is the cushion adjustment right for you, that can be altered on the drivers seat. Think it raises or lowers the rear so takes a bit  of pressure from under your thigh.

Sounds as if your about my age. I am  in the grumpy old man age group, 3 score & ten.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire