Author Topic: Fuses for Mazda 6 2006 1.8  (Read 4450 times)

Offline Sascha6

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2006
Fuses for Mazda 6 2006 1.8
« on: April 20, 2018, 05:56:26 pm »
Hi all, first post here- did check to see if anyone else had asked this...

This is my 2nd Mazda 6, bought a well used ex company car (2005) and by the time that 'died' I was hooked so last month bought a 2006 with only 18,000 miles on the clock, new brakes/callipers/hoses done by previous owner, never had advisories apart from the brakes and tyres (I swapped my new Michelins from the old Mazda onto this one), most things pristine as it was garage kept. Anyway (and this happened on the 2005) the cig lighter isn't working (only need it for charging sat nav etc) so I know which fuse that is, as I bought a pack of 15As in case the old car went again, so easy fix there.

This is the bit I need help on please- am having an issue with my windows. The driver's side one is fine, but the passenger side and back ones won't work from the console on the driver's side or on their own doors, and the three little red lights are only on on the driver's window switch. Don't think the previous owner ever opened the windows tbh, and he barely drove it. Is this a fuse issue? If so (I know they're one 20A and one 30As and know where they go but) not sure if they're maxi normal or mini ones- any advice appreciated. My garage has kept the 2005 (nice of them) to cannibalise if necessary (the only thing wrong with it was a third cylinder failure sadly) so they've said they can swap the box over for me, but if it is a fuse issue I'd rather go for that myself first to save some pennies. Have a horrible feeling it'll be a box change but thought it was worth asking here first. TIA.

Offline Sascha6

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2006
Re: Fuses for Mazda 6 2006 1.8
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 08:25:37 pm »
Don't all rush to reply at once. ;) :o ::)

I gather (from elsewhere) that the 30A holder in the box in the passenger footwell is supposed to empty despite the fact it says in the manual it's for the power windows NOT the mirrors (as my mirrors are manual not electric). So is it the fuse box under the bonnet then? Surely I can't be the only person who' ever had this happen!

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 05:13:33 am »
I only have the second generation car.

When I read it initially, I thought you have pressed the button that deactivates the use of the windows. Does your car has that? Did you try to play with it and notice what is going on? If nothing like that is going on, I would carry on to the next bit, the fuse.

That about the fuse and the box, is a bit extreme. I would check the manual, locate the fuse, take it out, inspect it and if it seems OK, I would replace it just in case that is the problem. If the new fuse does not do the trick, then I would ask an auto electrician to check it. Replacing the fuse box should be a big job which means that you have a great potential to create big problems. I know the garages want to play around swapping stuff, but this does not usually fix the problem if they do not know that this is the problem. If the cost to fix the windows is reasonable, go for it, otherwise if they ask you a fortune to make them work, stick with the drivers only for time being and keep investigating.

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 06:51:34 am »
I don't see there being seperate fuses for individual windows They'll all work from same fuse and the drivers side switch panel will isolate the other 3 windows when the isolator switch is active.  I'd check out the switch panel.