Author Topic: Mazda 6 2014 Skyactiv Injector Clamp torque settings  (Read 5144 times)

Offline projectkevster

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2014
Mazda 6 2014 Skyactiv Injector Clamp torque settings
« on: March 14, 2021, 07:11:34 pm »
Hello Everyone,
I'm one of the unfortunate recent owners of a Mazda 6 tourer, that has had a catastrophic engine failure. I owned the car, for approximately 9 months, before the dreaded low oil pressure and various other faults appeared. The vehicle lost all power on a bend and i had to pull over to the side of the road.

I have been rebuilding the engine and have read that there was a recall of some form and that the injector clamps have a new suggested torque setting.
I have the online manual which suggests 2nm on the left /front bolt etc.
My question is , does anyone know the new torque settings and angles of adjustment that Mazda now recommend.
I would really appreciate help with this.
Thanks
Kevin.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Mazda 6 2014 Skyactiv Injector Clamp torque settings
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 03:04:03 pm »
Are you sure that they did something like that? I thought it was just the software, or at least that this is what the online recalls say about these cars.

Maybe you could confirm with them but the whole idea about the injectors recalls was to do the software bit. Can you ask them whether this was done to your car and confirm the figures as well?

https://www.mazdabg.com/ftp-uploads/Mazda/6/GJ%202.2%20D/FUEL%20INJECTOR%20REMOVAL_INSTALLATION%20%5BSKYACTIV-D%202.2%5D.pdf

It is dated July 2019. So it cannot be that out of date.

Offline projectkevster

• S Class
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 09:52:37 pm »
This is the link to the info.

http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=3441.msg13523#msg13523

Bradders, seems to be definite about the settings. But perhaps he's referring to a recall, not related to injector torque settings.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 11:09:54 am »
Oh! I remember this post. I think what he was trying to say was to tight them a bit more. If there is a new official figure for 4Nm, then Mazda could possibly confirm it. But he went double that and fixed the problem.

I think you could add more torque but for me the message is something else. He is already on a second engine and the second engine has the same problem as before. So the minor details about the torque, etc, do not really matter. These engines are designed to last the finance period and then they die.

If you can put the car back together and it works, it is all good. Do the recommended torque, do a bit more, and see how it goes. You have nothing to lose anymore.

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 10:19:28 am »
No I would suggest asking your Mazda dealer for a  copy of the injector tightening procedure, also buy some new injector washers as the new ones are tinned copper.
You cannot use old washers as they work harden and don't give a seal.
Do not tighten 'a bit more  for luck' as suggested as this will distort the seat and the injector. Don't forget the cylinder heads are aluminium with a steel injector sleeve inserted.
The last update came out in 2014 after a lot of testing due to the problems on the Gen 1'& 2's, so don't deviate from what Mazda recommends.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire