Author Topic: thinking of buying mazda6 2.2  (Read 4820 times)

Offline delta597

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
thinking of buying mazda6 2.2
« on: May 04, 2018, 08:05:01 pm »
hello,

just joined up to get some pointers if anyone has five min. I am in the market for a new estate diesel and i ve been looking at a few 2014/15 2.2 skyactive models. My budget would only allow me to buy one with 80k+ on the clock.

How reliable are these cars? are there things to look out for on inspection? i do a fair bit of motorway driving in my job prob about 700 per week.

i have heard of problems with the DPF, my work mate said his friend had one and had nothing but bother with it but it was an older version.

thanks

stephen

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: thinking of buying mazda6 2.2
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 05:32:58 am »
Yes it is different than the older generation but still if one day you decide to drive it only around the block, it will not do it any good.

There is a bit of a recall about the handbrake which means that you get the rear callipers replaced and if not, it will not be long before you will need to do them.

I am not sure how to inspect a used car as if you buy from an auction dealer, you will not have this option and if you buy from a franchise, they will tell you that the car is even better than new, ready to go. It is a bit matter of lack but there is nothing major other than the callipers.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: thinking of buying mazda6 2.2
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 10:46:14 am »
I have had 2 a 14 plate and now a 17 model so long as you change the oil and filter every 6/7000 miles and check level on the stick every  1000 just to make sure level isn’t getting near the X mark all should be ok no matter what journeys you do works for me over 50000 Miles
Cheers Steve   8)