Author Topic: Creaking noise front end - Mazda 6 - Help!!  (Read 7684 times)

Offline robmurf78

• S Class
  • Colour: Whitewater Pearl (25D)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
Creaking noise front end - Mazda 6 - Help!!
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:54:01 am »
hi, im really hoping someone can help me on this forum. I drive a 2008 Mazda 6 Sport (2.0ltr Diesel [turbo]), 95k miles on the clock. In July this year the front driver side developed a creaking noise. it was especially noticeable at low speeds/coming up to lights etc. The longer I drove it, the more louder it became. I could even feel it through the steering wheel at times and when turning into my driveway/parking spots. I brought it to mechanic and they struggled to find something at first but changed the front drivers side shock absorber. The noise was still evident a few weeks later. In Sept. the same mechanic replaced the shock again (said the previous one might have been faulty and was still under warranty) and also the shock mounting. Shortly before this recent fix the car went through its NCT (Irish equivalent of the MOT) and passed all area's of suspension tests. The noise is back again, developing after about 15/20 minutes of city driving and very evident at low speeds. I'm at my wits-end!!.. I've spent c €500 so far to get this issue fixed and its back!. Can anyone think of what else it could be. I'm going to bring it back to my mechanic again but they have driven it many times and had it up on ramps and changed the main suspension items and its still back. Should i bring it to another mechanic or the same one. any advice on this would be very helpful, thanks you all in advance, robert, Dublin, ireland 

Offline Cee-Jay-Cee

• TS Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2010
Re: Creaking noise front end - Mazda 6 - Help!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:55:19 pm »
I'd go to a different mechanic for a start. To replace a shock twice without there being anything actually wrong with the shock is ridiculous.

The top suspension arm most likely needs replacing. Its actually quiet a common fault.

Offline robmurf78

• S Class
  • Colour: Whitewater Pearl (25D)
  • Fuel: Diesel
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 02:37:30 pm »
hi, thanks for the response. Will take your advice and take it to another mechanic

Offline DaVe

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 06:23:59 pm »
any news on this ? did you get it sorted? Dave