Author Topic: Interchangeable Bose Amp - Differences between the 2nd Gen GH and 3rd Gen GJ  (Read 4214 times)

Offline aeroadster

• TS Class
  • 6 SL estate
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
Hi,

I saw that the Bose amp connectors appear identical between the GH and GJ models, but this doesn't necessarily mean the pin-outs are the same.

Does anyone know if they are identical or not, and if not, does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can assess what the differences are and how it may be possible to modify my connector in order for a retro-fit.

I've attempted to repair some of these amps already with mixed success as it depends on what's gone wrong e.g. capacitors, transformer or mosfets.  The transformer is the hardest thing to get hold of and in reality the whole set of parts to refurb these commonly failing components should cost no more than a couple of pints of beer and a good soldering technique.

However, as there's a boat load of cheaper GJ amps (£45 - £60) around I thought it would be easier to attempt a retro-fit depending on feasibility.

It sure would be cheaper than paying £172 for someone else to fix it, or paying £100 - £150 for a second hand unit with no warranty.