Author Topic: Paint coming off of door protection strips, Mazda wont do anything!  (Read 12933 times)

Offline browny31

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
 >:(

I have a 2010 ts2, my Dad had the door protection strips put on and painted when purchased, sadly he passed away just before xmas & I have purchased the car from my Mother. they were only fitted 18 months ago & the paint is falling off of them as it is a soft plastic & wont take properly. went into Mazda in Braintree this week to have them sorted & when I went to collect it I was horrified to find that they have been corrected with a touch up pen!  >:(

went and spoke to them and was told that they did advise my dad that they dont recommend that they are painted, now I dont believe this and sadly my Dad isnt around to argue the case but I highly doubt he would of had them painted if this was the issue. Mazda will not spary them properly & say that it will happen over & over again, now if this is the case why sell them in the first place & paint them if the paint wont hold? where do I go from here as Im really not happy, they have said they will remove them but my point is they arent fit for their purpose & shouldnt have been sold in the first place. what are your thought on this? I think they should refund the cost of these and remove them.

cheers
Jon.

Offline browny31

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Re: Paint coming off of door protection strips, Mazda wont do anything!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:21:52 pm »
just to add the car is in warranty

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: SE
  • Year: 2014
Re: Paint coming off of door protection strips, Mazda wont do anything!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 02:33:51 pm »
As a good rule of thumb, never believe anything a car salesman tells you until you have seen it in writing from  several independant sources.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire