Author Topic: New 2013 tourer owner  (Read 5460 times)

Offline Paul c

• S Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L
  • Year: 2013
New 2013 tourer owner
« on: August 14, 2017, 06:54:06 am »
Purchased a 2013 tourer last week through my brother who is a car dealer here in Ireland . The car is an ex uk car one owner 84k and full mazda history

I have a few questions wasn't sure if I start a few threads so ill just put them here feel free to move

I think my car is the model which had issues with the engine there is nothing in the service history about any engine issue but I'm ringing mazda today and see what they say . Anyone have any problems with it lately ??

It has no nav but has the button, is the car setup for nav and just needs the sd card

Where would I pick up the sport alloys or anyone any pictures with aftermarket alloys ? I think the 17s are a bit lost

Thanks and look forward to reading through the forum

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: New 2013 tourer owner
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:59:04 pm »
Hi being a 13 plate check via the VIN number at main dealer with the Mazda data base to see if your engine falls within the numbers that had the faulty camshafts and if it did has it been modified ?? if it does and it hasn't then contact Mazda customer services because you do not want it failing outside of warranty. It is a known fault but nobody knows when it will fail it's a hardening issue on the cams. But it was never a recall.
Cheers Steve  8)

Offline Paul c

• S Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:23:51 pm »
Thanks steve .. rang earlier I was expecting a call back but I have to  call down tomorrow anyway so I'll check myself

Any idea about the sat nav ?

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 03:40:39 pm »
If it's the new style Mazda 6 with the new style infotainment screen with the volume button down at the commander (instead of on the stereo face), and there's a slot somewhere for an SD card (inside the centre armrest?), then yes- all you need is the card.  The cards are £700 from Mazda (not a typo).

Edit...have a read of this thread in the sister Mazda 3 forum...(I hope hot links to the sister site are allowed, if not please remove)...
http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=14539.0
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:45:45 pm by Tall333 »