Author Topic: 2014 Mazda 6 skyactiv low oil pressure  (Read 8855 times)

Offline mazda 6

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE
  • Year: 2014
2014 Mazda 6 skyactiv low oil pressure
« on: June 16, 2019, 01:42:08 pm »
Hi

1st post so may be in wrong place ??????
My Mazda 6 skyactiv 2.2 diesel got the Low Oil Pressure warning in Dash last week.
changed oil and filter, (nothing wrong with oil) cancelled fault, but it came back 3 days later.
used an engine flush, and changed oil and filter again, fault came back 3 days later,
Took sump off, its as clean a new one, no sign of dirty oil etc, cant remove oil pickup as 1 of the bolts is put in before engine is assembled and can't remove it without stripping engine, it looks like the plastic pickup may come apart but don't want to risk it in case i break it???
i now want to change the oil pressure switch but can't find it, i have looked at links/diagrams but still not clear,
if anyone got a photo or good diagram i would be grateful,
i think i have attached some photos????

cheers
Daz

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
Re: 2014 Mazda 6 skyactiv low oil pressure
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 08:40:01 pm »
If you have Forscan check the oil pressure and sensor on that. There are two oil pressures approx 25psi  for tick over and steady running and  around 50 psi when you are giving it the beans.

I will have a look to see where the oil pressure sensor is on a digital  manual I have.

Did you reset the oil warning light?
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 09:18:03 pm »
According to attached if you receive it the oil pressure and temperature sensor  is the same side as the oil filter but higher and to  rear of the engine, ie the opposite end to the chain case.
Pm me with your email if the attachment doesn't appear.

The forum  won't accept a screennshot.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline PanPilot

• S Class
  • Trim: Sport Nav
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 10:49:18 am »
Hi there... I was wondering what the outcome of this was?
 Having had an engine failure at 27K miles which was presumably due to lube failure, I get a bit nervous about this. In my case, the bottom end shells were so badly worn that one had picked up on the crank and overlapped the other half, jamming things solid. The cam journals didn't look very well either (they are machined in the aluminium head and don't have shells). Fortunately, as Mazda had done all the services since day one, they were spot on and replaced the whole motor without any quibble. The really alarming thing was there was absolutely no warning. At all. No rattles, no warning lights, nothing.
 I heard - don't know the truth of this - that Mazda produced a batch of engines in 13/14 which had a QA problem. As I understand it the bolts which hold the injectors down weren't torqued sufficently, "which allowed leakage of combustion products into the crankcase". It sounds a bit unlikely to me, but I'm not any kind of expert with these engines. Can anyone comment?
What I do know as fact, is that I have the 'diesel dilution' problem which raises the oil level in the sump, so much so that the engine gets oil and filter at half the specified intervals. As I said, I'm now paranoid...

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 02:20:55 pm »
I think it was something more than the wrong torque to knock out the engines and then having to rebuild them. Like the metals were not right and the engine was meant to fail.

I think if the injectors leak, then the oil will rise no matter how you drive the car. So keeping an eye on the oil level and changing it early, will help a bit.

The way these engines regenarate automatically means that the oil level will rise. It is normal. If the car is driven on short trips only, it will then rise the oil level more than doing the longer trips.

Changing the oil earlier is not a bad idea overall. The official service internal in Australia is 10K kilometres, and so the 6K miles interval is a good idea.