Author Topic: No Audio  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Dodo43

• S Class
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
No Audio
« on: March 24, 2021, 12:42:22 pm »
I have fitted an Android (Junsun) head unit to my 2008 Mazda 6 Sport (with Bose). Everything works fine except I have no sound. The unit came with a custom harness and I have also bought the (Halfords recommended) harness. Neither of these give me audio.
In the supplied harness I have a blue wire next to the aerial wire that goes to a connector that doesn't fit any of my car's original harness. If this is for the amplifier, then what colour in my car's harness is the amplifier? I also have a block connector from my original head unit that seems to be redundant with the new stereo.
Do any of you have any experience of this type of problem? I can only think the harness is wrong, but the Halfords harness has the same results too.
All help appreciated (except replies telling me to buy another stereo.  ::)
Thanks in advance.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: No Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:57:22 am »
Can you ask the seller? You do not know whether the new radio is OK. You note problems with the wires. It is hard to pin down the problem when there are so many unknowns. You need to take some steps back.

Try the original radio and wires. Does it still work?

Then check the new radio and the wires. The sellers shoudl be able to confirm that the wires and the radio match. If they match, go through warranty and ask for new items.