Author Topic: Folding mirrors  (Read 7253 times)

Offline Millzy666

• S Class
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica (42A)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2011
Folding mirrors
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:04:27 am »
Hi , Just bought a 2016 SE-L Nav, and thought it came with electric folding wing mirrors, looking online the that is what the spec says is standard. But it doesn't seem to be the case. Or is there a way to activate??

Offline zippy_6

• S Class
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
Re: Folding mirrors
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:26:53 pm »
Yep, I thought the same as well  ???.
Rather helpfully, they are not automatic - not sure how much extra effort it would have been for the manufacturing. On my car, if I turn the mirror adjustment knob in the door through 180 degrees, that's what folds the mirrors. Bit of a faff to do it every time I switch the engine off - I now only do it when the parking spaces are tight or otherwise unsalubrious.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Folding mirrors
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:31:19 pm »
Yep rotate the curled knob above the window controls on the drivers door to the top position and the mirrors should fold  :) But if you want them to fold and unfold as you lock the car and start the car then you will need a kit fitted that does that.  ;D I had it fitted when i purchased the car got a better deal on it but proper price on and fitted £100 or less. Unless you are good with electrics and fidderly bits not worth doing it yourself.
Cheers Steve  8)