Author Topic: Wheel brace and jack, Mazda 6 sport Nav GT (2018) Tourer  (Read 4170 times)

Offline gnattycole

• S Class
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Wheel brace and jack, Mazda 6 sport Nav GT (2018) Tourer
« on: February 26, 2020, 04:43:13 pm »
Hi, I hope this is the correct place in the forum to ask but I'm after a bit of info on my car. I've recently purchased a 2018 Sport nav Plus GT Tourer and when I checked under the boot floor, there is only a kit containing some tyre repair jizz, a couple of towing eyes and the little hook part of the jack handle. No jack present and no wheel brace, which forms part of the jack handle in my previous Mazda 6 Sport 2011 model, although there appear to be slots in the foam insert to accommodate these items.
  I argued with the dealer about having these components but they insisted the car didn't come with these parts as the puncture repair could be done with the wheel in situe. As I pointed out, the theory is great if you have something like a needle go into the tyre but if you bust the sidewall or do significant damage to the tyre, the only option is to remove the wheel for tyre replacement and if I'm in the middle of the boonies when it happens, I'll be stuffed.
  Could anyone please confirm if these cars are supposed to come with these spares or not? If they don't, it's a bit of a disappointment, considering the cost of the car when new.

Any info appreciated.

Nat Cole
Regards,

Nat.

Offline adrian_s

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: TS2
Re: Wheel brace and jack, Mazda 6 sport Nav GT (2018) Tourer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 07:26:51 pm »
The jack is not under the boot, it should be on the right hand side under a cover .Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouq8SkqAgVg

Offline aljshep

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 07:09:47 am »
As far as I am aware, Mazda 6s and CX-5s came without a jack etc. from about 2016.
I do not know about other models in the range.
Our new 2015 model had all the kit but three more recent ones did not.
I transferred them all when we upgraded to newer models.
It is possible to purchase a spare wheel with all the accessories from Mazda or from third party suppliers.

Offline gnattycole

• S Class
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 07:11:25 pm »
Thanks for the responses folks. Yeah, When I say under the boot cover, I meant in the right hand wing pocket for the jack and the other bits in the foam wheel well cover. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out at the local scrap yard and swipe one from an earlier model then. I thought the earlier one didn't have a space saver wheel because of the Bose sound system, it had a big sub-woofer in the spare wheel bay. Gonna have to pull the new one apart and see if there's a Sub under the carpet or whether I can fit an emergency wheel.
Regards,

Nat.

Offline aljshep

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 09:04:21 pm »
The Sub fits INSIDE a space saver spare wheel.
It does need a longer bolt to fix it though.