Author Topic: Norton Way Mazda - Letchworth. Not to be trusted  (Read 8013 times)

Offline 678hug

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Norton Way Mazda - Letchworth. Not to be trusted
« on: March 10, 2018, 04:20:22 pm »
Norton Way Mazda –Letchworth, Hertfordshire

Bought a brand new Mazda 6 here in 2010 and a 18 month old Mazda 3 in June 2017.
Nothing has changed when it comes to their servicing department. Same dealership, same GM, Bruce Palmer, same premium prices, same backstreet garage practices.
I am staggered that this dealership gets away with this. Mazda UK said it was nothing to do with them as all dealerships are franchised. Trading Standards really need to investigate this garage.

In 2010 I was charged for screenwash that definitely wasn’t put in. I had filled it up prior to taking it in.  Air filter should have been cleaned but it was found full of debris after I received the car back.
Question mark over whether the oil had been replaced at all?

Fast forward to December 2017

Same screenwash issue. I took a photo before I took the car in due to my level of distrust

Pollen filter not replaced. It was listed as replaced on this service even though it was supposed to have been replaced at the last service, which was when I bought the car 6 months earlier. This is what it looked like 2 hours after the service.

Rear brake pads listed as 30% worn on nearside. Here’s a photo of them 95% worn just 6 weeks and 2000 miles later. They can’t possibly have been checked. Started squealing which alerted me to the wear level.

Tried to charge for an oil sump plug. When questioned, they said it has to be replaced every service, in addition to the washer. Couldn’t explain why a service part which had to be replaced fell outside of the fixed price as an extra item.

I will never, ever go near this place again. To be honest, the way Mazda UK distanced themselves from this means i'll steer clear of Mazda full stop.

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Norton Way Mazda - Letchworth. Not to be trusted
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 09:26:21 am »
 :(

It is not like you did not pay them and they had a reason not to do the works, you pay them what they ask and they try to find ways to cut corners. You talk to them about works they should have done in the first place and they come back with all sorts of excuses. The most important experience of owning a car is the maintenance. If the people who paid to maintain the car, they do a very low quality job, then we are all doomed.

Offline gteps17

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 12:30:11 pm »
Hi 678hug, sorry to hear that sort of feedback about the Norton Way Mazda dealers, I recently purchased a used Mazda 6 2.2d from them, I'm a former vehicle engineer so I will be keeping a close eye on any work carried out by them.

I have to say that if I had the first experience you had with shoddy workmanship and found items charged for that I hadn't had fitted I would have taken stronger action and I would never have given them a second chance.

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 02:57:57 pm »
Seems odd that Mazda UK did not take this up when you complained. They tend to get involved as part of
their check on the dealership performance.