Author Topic: Full Leather  (Read 9711 times)

Offline M4RTIN

• S Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Full Leather
« on: March 22, 2014, 06:04:40 am »
Hi all

when ever i buy a new car there is one thing at the top of my shopping list, and that is a full leather interior.  Before i had even got the M6, i had found and brought a full leather interior for it with electric and heated seats. As i knew the year and model i wanted did not come with leather. The only home work i did before buying it was to ask the dealer about the wiring loom for the heated switches and the rear bench seat. I now have a 2009 TS2, went for that year as i like the front bumper better than the face lift ones. The interior i got was from an estate car as i knew the rear seats where the same as the hatchback. I paid £231 for the seats and door cards, £30 for the 2 heated seat switches and £35 for the dash trim that house the heated seat switches. So in total the lot cost less than £300. The wiring for the electric seats and heated seat switches is already in the car so everything was just plug and play. The full leather really adds the that Lux feel when your driving. Its a very easy job to do and took me a hour to swap the seat and fix the switches. i have not done the door card as of yet as i want to fit better speakers in the door so will wait till i have them and do it all at the same time. I'm also going to change the radio for a piano black one as i don't like the silver that much. also when i removed the drivers seat the runner was hanging off.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:06:18 am by M4RTIN »

Offline DavidN

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2008
Re: Full Leather
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 11:14:49 am »
Looks great - just nip round and sort mine out if you have a couple of minutes spare :D. Seriously, if you change the trim plate on the stereo to black and perhaps upgrade the trim rings on the aircon controls to the later chrome type, then can you let us know how you get on? The later type looks far better IMO. David.

Offline M4RTIN

• S Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 06:00:15 pm »
Hi

not changing the heating controls as what it will cost for the unit its not worth it. I'm happy to keep a little bit of silver in the car, just not as much as mazda put in there. its to sporty for me.

Offline memorable1987

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 08:29:38 pm »
Thanks for this thread. I want to confirm this is a complete plug and play job. I have 62 plate phase 2 ts2 estate that had cloth trim. Bought 2010 (phase 1 I think) sport leather seats door cards centre console and heating controls. All wiring was there and trim interchangeable. Some notes. Remove the drivers seat last through passenger door and fit first. Also the 60/40 split rear seat, remove the 40 last and fit first as there’s an awkward bolt to get at under the squab.