Author Topic: Bose Subwoofer Upgrade  (Read 5023 times)

Offline chris o

• S Class
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Bose Subwoofer Upgrade
« on: October 20, 2018, 05:18:06 pm »
I have a 2011 Mazda 6 Takuya with the Bose 6 speaker stereo but no subwoofer. The car came with a foam insert filling the spare wheel well. I have since purchased a full size spare wheel and used the plastic cover from a Mark 1 Mazda 6 to fit over the spare wheel - this looks a lot better than a sheet of plywood which many use.

I do have a plug socket for a sub woofer at the rear of the spare wheel well. There are subwoofers for sale on ebay for between £50-£100. If I bought one of these would it just be a matter of plugging it in or would I need to do any other adjustments/ setting up?

Thanks

Chris

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Bose Subwoofer Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:32:23 am »
I think there should be a subwoofer because these were related to the Bose level of equipment.

http://www.mazda.co.uk/assets/uk/usedcars/brochures/mazda6_brochure_2006.pdf

At the start there were only Sport and Sports Luxury models. At the end they introduced the Takuya version to sell the remaining stock.

It sounds like you have somewhere to connect it. If you can find another to test it, maybe where you found the plastic cover from the other 6, then you will be sure that it will work. Maybe if you call the dealer to ask whether that was standard equipment, with the excuse that you just bought the car that this is missing and you want to replace it, you will be 100% sure that it will be fine before paying for it.