Author Topic: Greased Lightning's Showroom Shine  (Read 10385 times)

Offline Elwood

• TS Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2007
Greased Lightning's Showroom Shine
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:51:21 pm »
Has anyone used this product, particularly on cars with Mica paintwork? I've used it about six times in all and have been pleasantly surprised at how it cleans and polishes. Recently, however, I noticed that the sparkle effect produced by the flake in the paint has quite severely diminished.

My car has Velocity Red paintwork which used to sparkle quite noticeably when sunlight caught it, but since using Showroom Shine, this effect is no longer apparent. The paintwork has a shine to it, but the colour looks much darker than previously and the car looks just like any other car with red paintwork.

I am thinking that the Showroom Shine is leaving a coating which polishes and protects the paintwork, but which is blocking the effect of the flake in the paint.

I have contacted Greased Lightning by 'phone and was asked to send details and photographs. I sent them photographs of my car's paintwork and also comparison photographs of how it should look. So far and after waiting a week, I have not had any return contact. Previous to using Showroom Shine I used Autoglym products which always left the car looking brilliant.

My questions are, I suppose. Has anyone else noticed a diminished sparkle and darkening of the paint after using this product on Mica paint? And. Any suggestions has to how I can remove the Showroom Shine coating to return the paint to it's original colour and sparkle?

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: Greased Lightning's Showroom Shine
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 06:55:16 am »
I have been using it for over two years now. I have a black mica car and haven't really noticed a problem. All I can say is that I don't think the coating lasts for ever and it may just be the paintwork that has deteriorated with time. I hardly ever use water when I clean the car and it always looks stunning to me when it's done.

Offline DaVe

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »
come on lads get a proper detail on it, you will see a deeper shine and the flec in the paint will pop more ;)

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 08:01:30 am »
OK if you want to spend all day cleaning the car DaVe. Having a black car requires a lot of work to keep it looking good. It's something I don't enjoy doing so this product suits me, as it takes about 30-45 minutes to clean and polish the car. I bet you would find it difficult to tell the difference between a fully detailed car and one cleaned and polished with this product.

Offline gsd

• S Class
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 09:45:28 pm »
i cannot disagree more , you only get out what u put in , half an hour to polish a car no chance . i have to agree wiv daVe on this one
its just a" gimmick " polish .you need to remove all deposits of road dirt etc etc before you even think about polishing.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 07:04:47 am »
Have you tried it gsd?

Offline gsd

• S Class
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 12:51:17 pm »
having a very good mate that has run a car valeting company for over 20 years , we try all the new so called "miracle " polishes /wax etc.every single time we have tried one you can ALWAYS get a better finish by doing a proper valet and not a quick wash and polish over the crap polish. like i said before if you spend time doing the job you will get a better result.
yes the greased lighting does a job but it cannot compare to a professional valet with tried and tested products.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »
gsd, I'll have to take your word on this one. All I can say is that I am happy with the results on my car and will continue to use the "crap polish"

Offline DaVe

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 11:28:04 pm »
I have used the stuff in the past but only as a quick detailer, The main reason it looks good is I would say its full of fillers. I do agree though on a black car it takes ages,. days even to get a good finish, I did my mates black vectra as he took it to the local Polish cleaners to get it washed and they made a right mess of it, it took me 3 days.

here is a before and after.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]