Author Topic: Can you buy the Mazda bluetooth system as an add on?  (Read 13510 times)

Offline browny31

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Can you buy the Mazda bluetooth system as an add on?
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:46:05 pm »
I have the ts2 2010 but was made before the may 2010 date so didn't come with the intergrated bluetooth system, does anyone know If I can have this added on by mazda? if so what sort of prices? Or would I have to use something like a parrot system, dont really want  a separate system stuck on the dashboard

Cheers
Jon.

Offline Martin6

• S Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2010
Re: Can you buy the Mazda bluetooth system as an add on?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 12:22:19 pm »
Hi Jon
My TS2 was one of the ones that came without the advertised bluetooth system but thanks to a post on the old forum I became aware that the dealers were given some money by Mazda to retrofit a bluetooth system because it was clearly stated in the brochure that a system was fitted as standard. Mine ended up with a Parrot system which seems pretty good and I suspect may be somewhat better than the original Mazda system, I presume that because we weren't offered a Mazda system it is not economic or practical to retrofit it. The Parrot module (CK3100) on the dashboard does look a bit out of place I suppose but having lived with it for nearly 2 years I don't give it a second thought these days.
Cheers
Martin

Offline AndyThilo

• TS Class
  • Colour: Arctic White (A4D) Non-Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2011
Re: Can you buy the Mazda bluetooth system as an add on?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:16:13 pm »
I have the ts2 2010 but was made before the may 2010 date so didn't come with the intergrated bluetooth system, does anyone know If I can have this added on by mazda? if so what sort of prices? Or would I have to use something like a parrot system, dont really want  a separate system stuck on the dashboard

Cheers
Jon.

Seriously don't bother. The Mazda BT system is a POS. You'd be far better with a parrot or Nokia system.  For the price it would cost to retrofit the BT system, you could fit a double din Nav system.

It doesn't even show names, just incoming numbers. Phone book entries have to be created, you can sync the phone. It's crap.