Author Topic: 6TS no more.......  (Read 14099 times)

Offline Golfer

• S Class
  • Colour: Sparkling Silver (24E) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2007
6TS no more.......
« on: August 01, 2018, 08:33:10 am »
 :( :(

Hi All - Sad to report that my beautiful  57 plate Mazda 6 TS Auto has gone to the great car park in the sky!! 

After 8 years of trouble-free motoring the old girl has been written off by a 90yr old neighbour who failed to secure her car on the hill above our house and her's ran into mine whilst parked up.  Damage was relatively minor but costs outweighed value so that was that.  I had the option to repair privately but, to be honest, I didn't fancy the hassle of arguing the toss about repair bills with an old dear who might not have had the cash anyway.  And the car was in it's 11th year, though just about perfect - just 62000 on the clock.  My Mazda experience has been a good one overall, the only downside was the VED which came in at £315 this year!!  I've gone to a smaller (and cheaper to tax) option now so it's a goodbye from me to all on the forums.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and/or reply to my questions but, to be fair, there weren't many due to the fabulous reliability of the 6!

Best wishes to all

Rich

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: 6TS no more.......
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:54:41 am »
Sad to hear but an understandable decision.  Your membership of the forum will remain active, unless you specifically ask us to delete it,  just in case you join the Mazda family again, or just want to pop in to say hello. 

Happy motoring. :)
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.