Author Topic: Cam Chain replaced But DPF light Still flashing.  (Read 7681 times)

Offline JONJOHAMMOND54

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Cam Chain replaced But DPF light Still flashing.
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:02:03 am »
Hi all,

I'm a new comer to this board and wanted to draw on some of your experiences to help me with a problem on my 2010 Mazda 2.2D TS2.

The DPF light had been flashing for a while and has not been resetting with long runs as expected and engine sounded progressively rattly at tick-over.........To cut a long story short.....a bit of internet digging on DPF lights.....scanned the fault codes(fault code p1336)......cam chain changed. Engine sounds good!!!, my bank balance not so good!!

The cam chain stretch issue is well documented and is well known amongst owners nowadays and lots of you may have experienced the same issues with the earlier 2.2d engines. My engine has been worked on by a very competent local independent garage who I've been using for years. They did the cam chain change work and serviced it. Timing checked and it starts, runs and sounds really good. But the DPF light was still flashing and the chain stretch fault code still being thrown out.

They then stripped and checked timing for a second time. All was OK. Back together and the same happens. They can clear the fault code, but as soon as the engine is cranked the cam chain stretch warning is thrown up. As previously stated the engine has been mechanically sorted and starts, runs and stops as it should.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and know of a resolution?

Thanks

Jonjo Hammond

Offline Cee-Jay-Cee

• TS Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2010
Re: Cam Chain replaced But DPF light Still flashing.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 03:43:43 pm »
Have you actually tried a forced regen of the DPF or having the DPF cleaned out?

Offline stevehoney

• S Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
Re: Cam Chain replaced But DPF light Still flashing.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:03:53 pm »
Hi Jonjo.
I'm probably going to be fitting a new timer belt to my Mazda 2.2 Sport (2012) in the near future, though your post suggests that in some cases it doesn't work and I'm wondering whether I should go to the expense. Did you manage to sort the problem?