Author Topic: EGR valve issue  (Read 3421 times)

Offline LorraineG

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2014
EGR valve issue
« on: July 08, 2020, 12:02:35 pm »
Hi i am in need of some advice. i have a Mazda 6 64 plate. i had to call the AA out the other day as my engine light came on.
this is the report he gave me.

Pressure to Low. Reported loss of power. Engine management warning light on. Above diagnostic trouble code stored related to low boost pressure. possibly due to EGR valve issue.

I took it to a garage and they have said it won't be an easy job and the part is likely to be £500.00

someone else is telling me that it just needs cleaning. they tried to get to it but had problems.

then someone else has said take it on the motorway and give it a good blast.

HELP PLEASE !!! I NEED SOME PROPER ADVICE :-[

Thank you in advance  :)

Offline v4p-83

• S Class
  • Colour: Arctic White (A4D) Non-Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: EGR valve issue
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:32:52 pm »
Interesting I think my car could be having a similar issue to yours but I had not considered the egr valve more the sensors such as map an maf

Cleaning would be a good way to start as it wont cost £500. 
See the guide here
https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/eu_eng/mazda6/20120903161818/html/id0116e1801000.html

On the 2.2 disel the egr valve is dificult to remove and clean as its water cooled and ideally you have to disconenct and drain some collant in order to remove from the car.

Hopefully someone who has an knlowledge of a good working egr valve can chime in here.
I noticed on mine that the egr seemed very clean but I couldnt move the valve freely with my fingers so wondered if that could be an issue.  Older/differnt engine cars you can generally move the valve to see if it sticks open or closed . 
Can any one share a pic or video of how the egr valves operate on these engines?