Author Topic: Multi-Information Display and INFO Switch - Show current speed?  (Read 11204 times)

Offline Resistme

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2016
I've just bought a new Mazda 6 2016 Skyactive SL Tourer, and was trying to get the current speed to show on the Multi-information Display using the INFO switch, but all I can see is average speed! I don't have the active information display!

On my old Vauxhall Astra I could add see the current Digital Speed on my Display console. Is there a way to add this?

Seams totally weird not having this option!

Thanks

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Multi-Information Display and INFO Switch - Show current speed?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 02:38:00 pm »
If something is not there already, you cannot hack into the system and add it.

http://www.mazda6info.net/multi_information_display_and_info_switch_some_models_-144.html

I am not sure why some cars offer both a speedometer and a figure. It seems like you could use this display for something more useful as you already know how fast you are travelling.

Offline Resistme

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 06:40:44 pm »
If something is not there already, you cannot hack into the system and add it.

http://www.mazda6info.net/multi_information_display_and_info_switch_some_models_-144.html

I am not sure why some cars offer both a speedometer and a figure. It seems like you could use this display for something more useful as you already know how fast you are travelling.

I preferred using the digital speed display as it was more accurate that a dial. My old Vauxhall has a setting that showed speed, consumption and miles to empty at the same time. Hey ho...

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 06:09:27 am »
That is interesting about the accuracy. I did not expect that. I thought both of them would show the same based on the assumption that both of them take the same reading from the canbus.

My understanding is that the third generation car took the second generation car information display to the instrument cluster and added a few more bits. But like in the second generation car you have to scroll through the menu to check the information, they did not consider showing everything live. Probably it is part of the zoom-zoom mentality, let's have fun and forget about the factual information.