Author Topic: How do I find out what’s triggering my alarm?  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Pezza187

• S Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2016
How do I find out what’s triggering my alarm?
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:24:13 pm »
The problem I’m having, as many other people on here are is my alarm keeps on going off and just wondered how I can find out what’s triggering it.
Can someone help me and advise me on the best way, Or piece of equipment to perform a electrical test on my 2008 Mazda 6?

Offline Pezza187

• S Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2016
Update on Alarm problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 10:28:54 am »
I took my 2008 Mazda 6 to a garage yesterday to have a electrical investigation done on it due to the on going problem with the alarm going off when it wants to. I thought if it’s a door actuator then the test will tell me and I’ll sort it, but the mechanic told me that they was all fine.
The only errors that had come up was a low battery which couldn’t be the car battery because I had changed that for a new one the day before. He said that it was some rechargeable battery’s that are In a black box behind the glove box which when the ECU goes into sleep mode when the car is locked up
The alarm will run off these rechargeable battery’s instead of running of the car battery. He said over 5 years they can just start to get crap!
Does anyone have any ideas on this????  Or where abouts this black box is or what it is???