Author Topic: The only hatchback in the village  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Adventures

• S Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2012
The only hatchback in the village
« on: April 09, 2016, 03:27:52 pm »
"The only hatchback in the village!" [Little Britain]

It has certainly felt like that when looking for a 'family' sized hatchback!  Family sized hatchbacks are getting to be a dying breed as most manufacturers have decided to drop large hatchbacks from their line up. I don't know why they copy each other.

My choice was limited to the Vauxhall Insignia, Ford Mondeo, Renault Laguna and Mazda 6.

When I looked on the Mazda website, there were only three used Mazda 6 left. It restricted my on the model. Although they did have about 15 last month.

I hope I made the right decision in choosing the Mazda, it is my first time with the brand....

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: The only hatchback in the village
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 05:46:51 pm »
I think you made a good chioce your right in what you say God knows why they are all doing away with hatch backs a bad move in my book so many people want them. Forget the insignia boot to narrow for size of car thanks to side bulkheads that leaves the Mazda or Mondeo that's a personal choice  :-\ As you can see i went with the Mazda this time and i have had a mondeo  ;DI also had an insignia as a courtesy car had to put the back seats down to put in one set of golf clubs  :o Not so with the other two you could carry a couple of sets easy  ;) So yes not a bad choice but time will tell if you like it. :-X
Hope this helped cheers Steve  8)

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: The only hatchback in the village
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 07:09:49 pm »
Plus if you'd bought a Laguna it would probably have broken down twice on the way home.  And threw the engine management light when you went to take it back to the dealer.