Author Topic: 2011 2.2D 185 Sport fail  (Read 5377 times)

Offline molineux1980

• S Class
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
2011 2.2D 185 Sport fail
« on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:59 am »
Hi all,

We bought a 2011 2.2D 185 Sport a couple of weeks ago, 90k on the clock, but was immaculate with full history.

Picked it up on the Wednesday, wifey was driving it thursday and the dreaded DPF light started flashing. Cue frantic googling - Its either service indicator, DPF fault, or worst of all, cam chain stretch.

Popped it into Mazda dealer and it was confirmed the cam chain had stretched. Took it back to the garage we bought it from, who said they would look at it on the Friday.

Come Monday, 5pm, still no call, so we called them and they said there is nothing wrong with the car. This is despite us giving them the Mazda printout. We asked them to replace the cam chain and they kept saying it was fine. My wife said she'd lost confidence in the car (2 young kids), and the dealers actually said 'buy another car then'.

Cue wrangling, and a call to trading standards to see how we get our money back - Car was sold with a warranty, and we've finally, after nearly 3 weeks got our money back. In the meantime we've had to rely on my 16 year old Fiesta Zetec S to swallow 2 adults, 2 kids, pushchairs and the like :-)

Car is already back up for sale on the garages forecourt!

Totally put me off a diesel, but we do like the car itself. Our current family car is a Mk5 Golf GTI, so doing a bit of man maths, I figure the running costs for the 2.5 litre petrol will be about the same :-)

So on the hunt for a 2.5 sport now!

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: 2011 2.2D 185 Sport fail
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:16:39 pm »
What's wrong with a 2.0L petrol. I've had three and they seem to be bullet proof. You've got the golf for performance and whilst the 2.0L won't be fast, I think you will find it fine as a family car. Cheaper to run also than a 2.5L, if you can find one that is.

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: 2011 2.2D 185 Sport fail
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 08:27:19 pm »
As said above the 2.0 lite Petrol is not the fastest thing on 4 bits of rubber, but if you can find one they are a decent car. Had mine 5 years plus, 4 new tyres, one new battery, 5 yearly services.
Other than that put fuel in turn key and it goes ( Does what it says on the tin)
Fuel figures can be found on the Honest John site of the Daily Telegraph,under Real M.P.G.