Author Topic: BSM, Handbrake & Bulb Warning  (Read 5631 times)

Offline Iendicott

• TS Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
BSM, Handbrake & Bulb Warning
« on: June 09, 2017, 08:41:13 pm »
Hi all,

Picked up my 2015 Mazda 6 2.2 Sport Nav about 3 months ago now and had a few things flash up on the dash since then. Luckily it's still in warranty until April 2018.

The first was when I was driving along in the evening with lights on and I had a Bulb Indicator warning light come, stopped the car got out and checked all the lights and there was no issue. Turned the ignition off and on and never seen it since.

Second one I was stopped and had the electronic parking brake engaged, went to release it and a warning came up telling there was an issue with it even though the parking brake was released fully. Again turn the car off and on again and it reset, this has happened twice now.

Last one was the Blind Spot Mirroring Warning on the dash. Just happened tonight. Came on and stayed on, also flagged up an error on the Infotainment system. Sopped returned to it about 2 hours later, after about 5 minutes later of driving it the warning came up again.

I have an OBD2 Reader so connected to the ECU and no logs were found but this does not surprise me as not everything is logged on new cars.

Anyone else had issues with there Mazda throwing up random errors ?

Regards Ivan
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:22:00 pm by Willpower »

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2009
Re: BSM, Handbrake & Bulb Warning
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 08:05:34 am »
Hello Ivan,

As long as you are under warranty, you should investigate with them first before trying any DIY. If the faults are something common or there is an unofficial fix, they should know what to do. Otherwise, they will investigate.

Offline Iendicott

• TS Class
  • Engine: 1.8L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Re: BSM, Handbrake & Bulb Warning
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:26:31 am »
Thanks Apav,

The car is booked in for this week, think I know why the bulb illumination came on as there is a nearside side light out but as this is a sealed unit and the bulbs are LED's I am not sure if they can be replaced so not sure how the warranty covers it.

Ivan