Author Topic: Loose Timing Chain - code p1336:00-2f  (Read 7279 times)

Offline Mazdasimon

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
Loose Timing Chain - code p1336:00-2f
« on: August 23, 2020, 01:51:07 pm »
Mazda 6 Sport 2.2 2012 63k miles

Good afternoon,

I’ve just had my car fully serviced and mot’d and passed with minor issues 3 wks before the service was due the DPF light appears , upon reviewing forums this can also indicate that service is due and wasn’t concerned however since the service I’ve tried resetting using the wire and 10 accelerator trick the DPF still remains on.

I’ve also checked my VIN number against Mazdas recall notice and nothing yet the timing issue seems to be quite common for recall.

1) Is there a way that it could be a sensor issue.
2) where do I stand if the chain needs replacing and isn’t covered.
3)  what is a typical cost for repairs (I’m based in Northamptonshire)
4) has anyone managed to fight Mazda for a replacement even if not on recall notice.

Thank you kindly for reading and I hope you can help.

Regards
Simon

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Loose Timing Chain - code p1336:00-2f
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 07:27:36 pm »
If you do the reset properly, it will start the process after a few presses. But it does not work straight away all the time. You could try it again. Unless you mean that it worked and then the light came back.

When it works, it will start flashing and you will know that it does something. Once it is done, it will be gone.

There is no timing chain recall. So you will not be able to fixed it like that. Having gone through the airbag/seat/struts recalls and being left with a vandalised car, with a rocking seat and the airbag dead with the light constantly on, maybe it is better that they did not do a chain recall to vandalise all cars.

You can read the angle whether it goes beyond the urban legend 10 degrees.

If the chain needs replacement, the dealer may cover part of the cost. It may be cheaper to cover the whole cost and do it independently.

You need £1K+ at the dealer.

Lots of people have posts on forums getting money from Mazda.

http://www.mazda6forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=1867.0