Author Topic: 2012 Sport Estate 3 years in.  (Read 7422 times)

Offline Gerry S

• S Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
2012 Sport Estate 3 years in.
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:45:45 pm »
I haven't posted for quite some time, but have followed a lot of the discussions; but as the car had its 1st MoT today thought it a good time.

Which it passed with no observations BTW.

What has happened in 3 years............

Bought new with a service contract (which for me has worked) and now just shy of 68,000 miles on the clock.

Problems needing attention at service, not run of the mill replacement: none.

Wear out items: Front brake pads at 50,000, all wiper blades once at 2nd year.

Nuisance repairs: one windscreen (idiot on a chipped road coming the other way at xx mph; one wheel rim (pothole on a bend I could not avoid)

Accident, Nissan van hit the back at slow speed, new back door and lower back panel.

A lot of motorway driving which probably helps but mechanically a very uneventful 3 years which any of us are grateful for!

MPG, with no thought to economy it has worked out at 42.7 and I'm quite happy with that. I'm sure all the new shape 6's I pass every day are doing better but this is a car that loves to be driven.

Tyres: came with Dunlop SP20/50's, awful in the wet gone at just under 10,000 (not worn, just no wet grip)
Uniroyal Rainsports, really are good in the wet, but front 15K back 28K and that was the issue, the back end started to judder when the tyres got to just over 4mm left.
Kumho Ecsta KU39, back to Kumho (used on Passat), 19K on front now 30K on back (probably another 3K left) - and will be using again.

Now going for another two years, just want things to carry on as they are ;) ;)

So I'm nice and content and have a car I just want to get in and drive.

Gerry S.

P.S. in the dealers today, there was an invoice on the desk that said timing chain out of spec, 2010 2.2D at 75K; service lady said they always go back to Mazda if the car has full dealer history, that is something good to hear.
Gerry,

If you can't drive there, it ain't worth going!

Offline Gerry S

• S Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
Re: 2012 Sport Estate 3 years in.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 09:46:52 pm »
Update for 75K service.

Done last week, now need rear brake pads; nothing mechanical at all. The timing chain "well within tolerance".

Changed the tyres all round after the service, Kumho's again, they suit and are economical: £610 with full alignment check.

Edit :  Sorted £ sign
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:15:35 pm by Willpower »
Gerry,

If you can't drive there, it ain't worth going!

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: 2012 Sport Estate 3 years in.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 02:25:57 pm »
Just sold my 2012 2.2 D180 manual estate at 31000miles. Economy appears to have been around 48mpg and as it got driven spiritedly(!!) I felt that was OK. Tyre wear ridiculous, gone through 10 tyres in mileage, 4 original, 4 replacements and a further 2 on the front, scary and expensive, hopefully the new 2.0 165 petrol is better but they are 19's, wheel see  (lol). Both front and rear screens replaced; the rear due to the heating element causing radio interference, no other issues apart from slight wear on the drivers seat bolster which is not expected at this mileage, dealers'  have been OK hence another 6.