Author Topic: Blindspot monitoring and adaptive headlight failures  (Read 6261 times)

Offline Choppit

• TS Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Blindspot monitoring and adaptive headlight failures
« on: August 22, 2016, 01:00:11 am »
Anyone have any experience of general electronic failures on recent Mazda vehicles. I took my M6 to the dealer a few weeks back to look at a couple of intermittent problems I've had since first picking up the car back in November.

1) Blind spot monitoring. Causes "BSM malfunction" to be flagged on the dash whenever vehicles trigger the detection on both sides of the car simultaneously. Vehicle logs confirmed this as a side vehicle detection failure.

2) Adaptive headlight failure. Causes the AH failure indicator to come on when driving with AH enabled (auto) driving on winding country lanes. Switching the engine off, on several times doesn't reliably clear the fault but it does go away eventually. The headlamps "appear" to be working OK throughout (that's to say they're on). Vehicle logs confirmed this as as a "communication error".

The dealer took the logs and sent to Mazda for advice. I'll be calling them to follow up tomorrow, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has similar experience or feedback on the general reliability of the electrical systems.

Thanks

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
Re: Blindspot monitoring and adaptive headlight failures
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:40:16 pm »
Hi
No comments on the specific faults you mention though it sounds as if the car is getting totally confused and just giving up! I have an intermittent issue with the central locking; the 2 front door motors continue to run after locking/unlocking for a few seconds but the car stays locked/unlocked depending on the initial action. No faults logged and dealer wasn't keen to start replacing parts at random, Mazda UK  got involved and a part is on order, we'll see what happens when it's fitted. I have had a couple of other gremlins but not down to electrical system issues.

Offline Choppit

• TS Class
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:52:42 pm »
It took 6 months and I had to chase them several times, but eventually both headlights and both rear radar units were replaced and I've had no issues since. I dread to think what that would cost outside warranty...

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Transmission: Automatic
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:06:04 pm »
Hi good to hear your problems are sorted. Yes you are right about the warranty part I try to include in a lot of my posts about the importance of keeping vehicles under full manufactures or extended warranties no matter what vehicle as in today's market spares and repairs are very very expensive.
Cheers Steve  8)