Author Topic: 14 plate Mazda 6 with brake judder - even after 3 new sets of discs  (Read 5547 times)

Offline cornishwhippet

• S Class
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica (42A)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2014
Hi folks - newbie here.

Husband owns a 14 plate 6 Sport Wagon with DSG, Diesle etc. In the 19 months hes owned it he has had to take it back to the dealer 3 times as the brakes keep juddering - the feeling you get when the discs are warped. The dealer has been great and either skimmed or replaced the discs without question under warranty. However they do not seem to explain why this keeps happening. Hubby is not a hard braking driver so I cannot understand how this keeps happening. Another weird thing is that when it does start, its intermittent, but replacing discs/skimming sorts it - short term at least.

I've done a bit of google work and it seems this is a known fault - can you guys shed any light, make any suggestions? My concern is that when its out of warranty they won't want to know but in my opinion there is clearly some kind of fault.

Offline bazzamf

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: 14 plate Mazda 6 with brake judder - even after 3 new sets of discs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 12:29:31 pm »
I think I would try a new set of pads. It's the only other thing that can affect the brakes. I had a serious issue years ago with a new set of pads I installed. The braking was awful and the vibration unbelievable. I changed them again for a different make and problem was resolved.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: 14 plate Mazda 6 with brake judder - even after 3 new sets of discs
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 01:19:32 pm »
Given your historical problems, I would be looking at the calliper mounts and the calliper pistons. It could be that one of the pistons is jamming in the calliper bore.  Worth a thought.
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.