Author Topic: Creaking  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Sash1

• S Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2009
Creaking
« on: June 30, 2019, 04:59:23 pm »
Mazda 6TSAuto 2009

Hi All. hi first post. I read a post or two similar to this but without any obvious resolve but this adds a new twist. As with the creaking from steering and breaking when hot post, I too had this problem. really hot day, stuck in traffic going to Norfolk. started this horrendous creaking and groaning when turning the wheel and when breaking. stopped a couple of times as thought something's going to break.. nothing obvious. managed to get to our destination and thought right tomorrow ill try and find out what side its coming from. went outside, started the car. turned the wheel and whoosh, its gone. I mean it was frightening driving it. and then it just disappears. never came back. Until a few days ago, a year or more later. it only ever appears when the weather is really hot. like now. So here's the twist. It only happens when I've had the aircon on. this groaning grinding comes up through the steering column and you can feel it in the break peddle. what can the aircon have to do with this? any ideas anyone

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: Creaking
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 03:09:39 pm »
I do not think it is the AC but something related to the exhaust/suspension parts.

I have the same model but since I moved to colder climate, this noise did not come back.

It even went through the MOT with this noise three times in a row, so I do not know what is going on but it had nothing to do with the AC.

It would do the noise after driving for a long distance and trying to park, and then returning to a colder climate, you could hear nothing.

I think the noise is there only on the very low speeds 1-2mph and then goes away.

Offline Londoner1

• S Class
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Re: Creaking
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 01:52:41 pm »
Creaking is front lower suspension arm, could be passenger side or driver side, common problem on this car.