Author Topic: URGENT HELP!!!! Valve Broken off wheel  (Read 5852 times)

Offline Agentmatt

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
URGENT HELP!!!! Valve Broken off wheel
« on: March 28, 2018, 08:55:06 pm »
Hi all,

I went to check the tyre pressure on the passenger side rear wheel and I turned the black cap to take it off and the valve split on half.  All the air came out in seconds. 

Called out Green Flag but they couldn't fix it as they said they needed a special tool to remove the pressure sensor valve.  (after an hour or so of waiting). 

He said I should call Quickfit or someone like that to see if they can sort it. 

Should Quickfit or Halfords garages be able to fix this or as always, is it something only Mazda can sort out? 

Thanks for any help.

Matt >:( :'( 

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: URGENT HELP!!!! Valve Broken off wheel
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:08:28 pm »
Call Mazda first. They were replacing them for free because they were faulty and were ending up like yours.

If they do not replace them for free, you can replace the sensors at any tyre shop or just repair it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCT8h31bMKg

Offline Agentmatt

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Icy Blue Mica (33Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: URGENT HELP!!!! Valve Broken off wheel
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:41:46 am »
UPDATE:   

Called Mazda and as expected they didn't want to know.  I would have had to wait for over a week before they could look at it.  Again, Mazda customer service at it's best. 

I called 'Formula One Autocentre' (BRISTOL) and they new what the issue was and how to resolve it quickly.  Took the wheel to them last Thursday morning and they replaced the broken valve with a standard one within a few minutes.  Took wheel back and then went back to the Formula one to allow them to torgue the nuts. 

All done for free.   ;D

They ordered in the correct replacement Value and fixed it yesterday.  Only took them a few minutes and was only £50 all in.  Great service.