Author Topic: About to Buy a 6 - Quick Question on Timing Chain  (Read 3325 times)

Offline nottmbantam

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
About to Buy a 6 - Quick Question on Timing Chain
« on: June 01, 2021, 03:05:16 pm »
Hi All,
I had a 6 estate last year, sadly had to scrap it due to a hit and run. Other driver demolished the entire length on the drivers side , bumper to bumper and then drove off. Nice. Thankfully no-one was in it at the time.

Anyway, looking to buy another 6, and seriously considering a 2012 6 Sport 2.2 Diesel hatchback. It's done 100k miles and buying from a dealer.

Question is - how often do the timing chains on these engines need doing? No idea if the potential one I'm buying has been done recently. Am I better off getting one where I know it's been done? Thanks.

Offline oldman

• Sport Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
Re: About to Buy a 6 - Quick Question on Timing Chain
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 09:38:43 pm »
i believe 75k service should be done and so i would make sure done before purchase or part of the deal
also make sure on same service they removed and cleaned sump sieve because that blocks up kiss it all goodbye

have a read here to help know what should have been done at 75k service & if wasn't get done or wlk away
https://www.mazda6club.com/threads/oil-change-in-2010-2-2-diesel.260977/

when i bought mine couple year ago now, was first check on list and was so got it