Author Topic: Mazda 6 mirrors folding issue  (Read 4985 times)

Offline milancas1

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2017
Mazda 6 mirrors folding issue
« on: May 02, 2021, 11:57:40 am »
Hey guys

My 2017 Mazda6 Tourer SE-L NAV D 2.2litre diesel, started to have issue with mirrors unfolding when unlocking the car. This only happens intermittently (about 30% of the time) and I didn't figure out any pattern. Tried to disconnect/reconnected the main battery and respective fuses, also replaced the alarm remote battery as, but these made no difference.

Basically, when I press the unlock button on the alarm remote,  both mirrors try to unfold (there is a small movement) but failed to do so. I can open the doors fine but the boot remains locked. When I open drivers door, the mirrors unfold straight away and the boot also unlocks. Please see the video of what exactly is happening here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbd_cwyTPfm3JwVGGCLm92uPCWmgnjk4/view

It looks like something's wrong with the electrics.

Has anyone experienced the same/similar issue or know what the problem might be?

Any help would be much appretiated.

Thank you

Offline pandabat

• S Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
Re: Mazda 6 mirrors folding issue
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 09:07:18 am »
Common issue with these mirrors over time on Mazda 6 and CX05 apparently - the motor just goes "lazy". I contacted local dealer about it when it started happening on mine and Mazda agreed to replace both under warranty/goodwill