Author Topic: Just got my (first ever) Mazda  (Read 6501 times)

Offline nottmbantam

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Just got my (first ever) Mazda
« on: March 25, 2020, 02:31:25 pm »
Hello all,
First post here. Just got a 2009 Mazda 6 Estate 2.2 TS2. Went to look at a local car dealers with a view to buying an Astra. Got there and the Astra was out for a drive but saw the Mazda 6 sitting there and thought it looked great. Took it for a spin, all checked out and got it the next day.

I’m so impressed by that engine, it’s immense. The car has already done 184k , the interior is showing signs of age as is the back bumper ( no parking sensors ????). But took it for a drive and the power mid range is lovely, really nice to drive. A bit grumbly as low speeds and when it opens up, the sporty notes are great. For an 11 yr old car with above average miles, it’s still fun to drive.

Have already bought a DAB adaptor which sounds great in the car, lovely sound system. Looking at repacking the stock headlamp bulbs as they are rather dull at night. Other than that, I’m impressed! Great motor.

Offline nottmbantam

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
Re: Just got my (first ever) Mazda
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 02:48:35 pm »
Replaced the stock headlights today and also buffed up the headlight lens. I had YouTube’d and Googled how to change the bulbs and was advised to go in through the wheel arches. Ordered the bulbs off eBay.

Set off trying to prise the wheel liner open, got so far then got stuck. Thought a pry bar might do the trick. Went down Halfords ( still open ) bought a set and returned. Still didn’t get far. Then decided to open up the bonnet and although it’s a tight squeeze, managed to do it all within about 10 minutes. Didn’t need to go in through the wheel arches at all. Just wondering  if that was specific to certain models?

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
Re: Just got my (first ever) Mazda
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 01:31:31 pm »
It is mainly because of health and safety. At least you had the headlights out and you could do it easily.