Author Topic: New Mazda 6 2013 - no hatchback available  (Read 47739 times)

Offline jbconno

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2013

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2018
Re: New Mazda 6 2013 - no hatchback available
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, 09:38:07 pm »
It looks really nice doesn't it,  I looked through the 59 photo's and its really pleasing to see a quality interior from Mazda at last, looks really nice, I wonder if they will bring out an MPS version? always sorry they didn't with the gen 2 model,

Andy

Offline jbconno

• Takara Class
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2012, 09:59:43 am »
It looks great and hopefully the interior will be a big improvement over the last gen one. If its anything like the CX5 interior then its a big step up but still just below the three German manufacturers.

Offline Little John

• Sport Class
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 12:44:24 pm »
The absence of a hatchback and the fact that my next car will be petrol (since my oil level keeps rising...) means that the 6 is a non-starter for me, unless they backtrack and introduce a hatchback in the next couple of years.  At the moment I've got my eye on the new Seat Leon.  OK, it's a bit smaller than the 6, but the 6 is really a little larger than I need.  The 1.4 FR is under £20K, does nearly 58 mpg (in a petrol!) and has the option of full LED headlights.

Offline gfitches

• TS Class
  • Colour: Galaxy Grey (32S) Metallic
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 03:16:30 pm »
IMHO - Much better looking as an estate than the saloon. I don't have anything against the saloon, and I'm sure it's better handling as the shell will be stiffer than an equivilent hatchback, but it just looks less attractive in my view.

What concerns me more is the pricing - 175PS Tourer Sport Nav Auto with Paint, Safety and Auto Cruise - £30k! That seems quite a hike for the brand, given I got a brand new 185PS Sport in March 2012 for £19k.

I know it seems a lot better built, but that seems a stretch into 'compact exec' territory. Hopefully someone will discount it to sensible money after the initial fuss has died down.

Offline jbconno

• Takara Class
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2012, 06:33:58 pm »
It does seem a touch pricey for a Mazda and its anything but "compact". I see it being a big hit with the fleet people, fingers crossed its on my list when I come to choose in 6 months time. 

Offline GT

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 07:48:04 am »
Well unless Mazda have second thoughts and bring out a hatch, the only large family hatchbacks on the UK market would appear to me to be the Mondeo, Insignia and Skoda Octavia - might be the latter for me when my much loved Mazda 6 hatch is due for replacement...

Offline jbconno

• Takara Class
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 01:16:19 pm »
I dont think they are likely to chance their mind any time soon. I have had an Octavia, wouldn't particularly want another one. 

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2013, 11:14:18 am »
Review of the new Mazda 6 diesel and Petrol models in Daily Telegraph Honest John Motoring part today,
interesting read, in the article it mentions No hatchback is available as according to Mazda this is not important to the buyers.! ( Big mistake for UK market) The article claims car badly set up for UK roads,
and only rate it as 3 stars from 5.

Offline ColinB

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2013, 09:59:33 pm »
To be honest, I don't think they are really targeting the UK market, hence no hatchback. I had a look at the new tourer but have decided to keep my 3 year old TS2 163 diesel hatchback which has only done 27k for another year and am purchasing the Mazda extended warranty.

So far(!) nothing at all has gone wrong with it, not even a bulb change and I get around 47mpg overall. The front tyres (Bridgestone Potenzas) will need replacing in the next month or so but the rears are only half worn and the car sailed through the MOT with no problems. The 3rd year service just required oil and air filter changes etc. It has all the bells and whistles I need including a 6CD player so it seems silly to change it at this stage.