Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 17894 times)

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2018
Hello all
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:17:06 pm »
Hi All, after a long time wondering where the old site went and trying to register on this one I have finally made it!, not sure how many are here from the old site but I have registered with my old screen name but I wasn't there long! just traded my 2008 2.0 TS d for a 2008 2.5 sport! gone back to petrol as the high diesel price and high cost for service and my low 7000 miles per year don't justify having the diesel anymore, didn't have any DPF issues since owning the car, pick the new one up next week so looking forward to that, so hello to all again and have fun!

Andy.

Offline DavidN

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2008
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:06:38 am »
Good luck with the Sport Andy. I've just bought a 2.0 petrol TS. Already wishing I had fog lights and a tailgate spoiler..... :) David

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:16:57 pm »
thanks for that David, if you fancy adding a spoiler have a look at this, not too bad for a genuine part
http://mazda-6.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/detail/model=64/category=exterior/accessory=Rear+Spoiler+%28Wing+type%29/id=4991

also they do the fog light kits, bit steep but cold be worse!!

Offline DavidN

• Sport Class
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »
Good grief Andy - and I thought that I had grown out of spending shed loads of money on accessories when I sold my X type and now look what you've gone and done! :)

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:42:59 pm »
Yeah sorry about that!  ::) they have some interesting stuff there don't they!! but have you seen how much they want for the 6 speed gear knob! how can it be so much more than the 5! happy hunting  ;)

Offline SunChariot

• TS Class
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.3L
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 05:16:43 pm »
Hello Andy and thanks for coming back to the forum.  I'm hoping we see more 'veterans' re-join, as there's a wealth of knowledge out there.

Nice to see you've gone for the 2.5 Sport - a meatier torque-band and better 5th & 6th gear-ratios, than the 2.3 (6) it replaced.

I'm running an '06 plate 2.3 Sport (6) - about 6-7k miles per annum, too - so it'll be good to hear your feedback - it may just tempt me to trade in my 2.3 for a 2.5...

All the best

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 06:10:44 pm »
Thanks for that  ;), it took me a while to get back but here at last! yes I am very much looking forward to picking the car up next week, so I will for sure let you know how it goes, I had a 3MPS before I traded it in as my mileage at the time was too much and needed a diesel but now I don't do many miles a year now so it's back to petrol for me and if I am honest I missed the buzz the MPS gave me! I know the 6 won't be like that but it won't be too shabby! I shall report back with news!

Offline andywolfie

• Sport Class
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:18 pm »
well picked up the new car today and have been very impressed and pleased with it! managed to get 40.1mpg on a mix of motorway and A roads from Stockport to south Wales! not too shabby! one thing that is taking me a while to get used to is the wider power band range on the revs on the petrol compared to the diesel I used to have! been changing up around 2500-3000 thinking I still had the diesel! weight off my mind now the diesel has gone and potential DPF issues, though in fairness I never had any problems or rising oil levels in a year of owning it, but as my mileage has gone right down I no longer can justify having a diesel with service costs and the cost of diesel, anyone else gone from diesel to petrol recently? how did you find it? will post some pics when I get around to it!

Offline andyk3090

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Copper Red Mica (32V) Metallic
  • Fuel: LPG
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 05:11:02 pm »
I have gone from a 59 plate 2.2d sport to a 61 plate 2.0 TS2 (now converted to LPG). I miss the torque at lower revs of the diesel and having to change gear more if you want any decent acceleration. I am enjoying how quiet and smooth it is though. I have been getting between 33 and 38 mpg depending on the ammount of town driving and right foot on petrol. Around 30 - 33 mpg on LPG @ 63.9p per litre from the local Morrisons.

Also I don't miss the pump nozzles covered in diesel getting all over your hands.  :)

Andy

Offline underphil

• Sport Class
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 11:58:25 am »
I also changed from a 2.0 diesel recently, (non-Mazda) I've really been enjoying the 2.5 so far, enough power to not feel underpowered, but no so much that you can never fully exploit it.

That SGPetch shop can be quite expensive for some things, I was going to order the Sport model side skirts from there for £135, but found other online Mazda dealerships selling them for £45  :o