Author Topic: Mazda 6 2.2D Sport Nav odd noise on startup.  (Read 5733 times)

Offline ajaycad

• S Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2013
Mazda 6 2.2D Sport Nav odd noise on startup.
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:56:06 am »
i have a 2013 6 Sport Nav Skyactiv. Most mornings when I start the car (or after its been sat for a few hours) there is an odd noise which seems to be coming from either the rear of the engine or under the car. I cant quite pinpoint the location. it only makes the noise when you gently "blip"the throttle from idle. It almost sounds like a drive belt slapping against plastic. The noise goes after a minute or so and its fine until the next start up after the car has cooled. Anyone else had this ?

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Mazda 6 2.2D Sport Nav odd noise on startup.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:26:40 pm »
How many miles has the car done? As I have heard a history of a noise like the one you are discribing and it pints to the flywheel on high mileage manuals ?? They say it’s like plastic slapping on metal more about it on the Mazda oc website on face book.
Hope this helps
Cheers steve

Offline ajaycad

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 09:59:02 pm »
Cars done just shy of 50,000 miles......it's going into the main dealer in a few weeks for the rear caliper recall so I'll get them to take a listen. Thankfully I've just renewed my Mazda warranty.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 08:54:19 pm »
Very wise wouldn’t run a modern car without a warranty far To expensive to repair these days. Hope it’s nothing to serious and it can be sorted quickly for you.
Cheers Steve
P S let us know how you get on.

Offline ajaycad

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 09:03:11 am »
Ok..cars been and had its rear brake recall. I asked them to look at this rattle and they cannot find anything obvious. Probably because the car was only with them for a pair of hours and as the noise only seems to occur when left for a much longer time to fully cool down, that's no surprise.
I've watched Youtube videos of failing DMF's and the symptoms/noise seem different.
I'll just have to put up with it and act if/when it gets worse or I find a definate cause. At least I've brought it to the attention of Mazda so if it all goes pear shaped, I've at least made them aware.