Author Topic: Cold air in passenger footwell  (Read 7338 times)

Offline aljshep

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2018
Cold air in passenger footwell
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:26:13 am »
On a cold day (say 3 deg C) and on a long run (at least an hour), with the climate control set at 20 deg C ,  very cold air is suddenly blown into the passenger footwell.  The first time this happened it would not stop, even after a short break and with the climate turned up to 29 deg C.  The car is now just one year old and when I returned it to the dealer for investigation it behaved perfectly.  Anyone got any ideas?

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2015
Re: Cold air in passenger footwell
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 06:05:06 pm »
Hi Was the system on auto ?  if it was then maybe a glitch in the system which like most things electrical these days you switch them off for a while and then when you switch them back on they reset and work how they are supposed to. I never use the auto setting on mine and only have the air direction at screen only as this keeps the i-stop turned off all the time which again suites me as i don't like the stop start and this saves you switching it off every time you restart but hey that's just me. Plus i don't use the A/C much mainly in the summer on the fast roads prefer the open window but again that's me. If it was on auto it might have cut the A/C in when it shouldn't have just an idea.
cheers steve  8)

Offline aljshep

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 06:27:54 pm »
Yes - it was on auto.  It is 99.9% of the time.
Only when we increase the fan to clear the inside windscreen do we take it off auto.
Something suddenly "told" the car to pump in large quantities of cold air (from outside).

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 07:57:08 pm »
Poss ocassional fault with thermostat or regulated in the auto climate control if it gets worse then back to the dealer.
Cheers steve  8)