Author Topic: Water in footwell  (Read 7296 times)

Offline velocita

• S Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Water in footwell
« on: October 13, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »
Hi everyone, im looking for some help with my 2004 mazda 6, i was driving along the other week and was aware of a water sloshing noise coming from what i thought was the front passenger footwell. When I got home I tried to investigate the source of the noise and found that the rear passenger footwell was soaking wet. Since then Ive found that if it rains the water in the rear footwell increases. Im assuming its getting into the car through the air duct under the passenger seat and have read that it could be caused by a blocked drain tube from the a/c system. Ive had a good crawl around under the car today and found what I think is the drain hose from the air duct system and tried blowing air through it but no change. Any ideas?

Offline SM25T

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2017
Re: Water in footwell
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:11:30 am »
Rubber bung in floor pan missing somewhere ?

Door seal ?

The aircon should drain condensate under the car. Set it to low temperature and make sure you can see a puddle forming under the car. If not, it is draining inside somewhere.

Offline Farnsworth28

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Re: Water in footwell
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »
Wait till the weather improves and the footwell is dry, then take a water hose to the car and check the door seals like SM25T has previously mentioned.

Worth a try!

Farnsy