Author Topic: New Petrol 165 Sport Nav  (Read 11160 times)

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
New Petrol 165 Sport Nav
« on: September 13, 2015, 06:11:47 pm »
Hi All
Just swapped my 2012 2.2D 175 Sport Est for a 2.0 Petrol 165 Sport Nav Saloon. 1st impressions are good; the new car is not as quick which is be expected with half the torque but the early indications are that it will loosen up, it isn't exactly slow either! 1st tank of gas looks like being around 40mpg which I can live with although it is being driven gently at the moment. This is a much more integrated car, the tech is part of the machine not bolted on to satisfy demand. The Bose system lacks the punch of the old car, need to unlock with the door button or key the old car you just touched the handle then opened, this is a bit less convenient, no Rear Vehicle monitoring as I didn't get the Safety Pack; pre reg so hobsons choice. Took months to fins the petrol car, I guess that will make it difficult to sell later as everyone seems to prefer diesel, Oh well! Overall looking good.

Offline V 249

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Trim: Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: New Petrol 165 Sport Nav
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:20:29 am »
When ity comes to re-sale, the fact is is an economic Petrol, would be in it's favour. Not every driver does Diesel type mileage. Many do less than 10k per year. From what you read in the press , petrol cars tend not to be to easy to find.
Don't see that many for sale. Has anybody else seen them in big numbers?

Offline ColinB

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 09:11:53 am »
I have just upgraded to the latest petrol Sport Nav Tourer from the prefacelift version and it is a great improvement, as said above, the car is more integrated plus the seats and ride are better. It has enough oomph for me and the engine is very flexible. I have so far done 250 miles and indicated mpg is around the 44.5 level in mixed driving, I have had it over 45 a couple of times which is excellent for a new engine. Will check the actual mpg when I next fill up.

My old car was only two years old but the supplying dealer contacted me suggesting I should change as they were very keen to have a petrol car on the forecourt and would give me a very good trade in which they did. The other sweetener was the £1,500 contribution by Mazda to their 0% PCP scheme plus a decent dealer discount as well so the figures stacked up well considering I was getting a much improved car.

So far I am very pleased with the car.

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 02:42:29 pm »
2 Weeks In...

Have to say that I'm not "bonding" with my new M6 Sport Nav 165 Petrol, LED lights are dangerous (see post in Vehicle Lighting" can't switch the Radio/Infotainment off, speakers vibrating at higher volumes and lower frequencies; in fact the BOSE system is not a patch on the old car with the separate sub, cost cutting again I suppose. Time will tell but this may not be a happy match. Thankfully my partner drives it 90% of the time and I stick to my Scooby. Oh and if you fancy a low mileage Sport D estate my old car is on sale at Shires Mazda in Taunton.

Offline nailit

• S Class
  • Trim: Sport
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 02:00:59 pm »

Hmm, know what you mean FK about the music, I've not had mine long and I haven't found a way other than pressing the small volume control on the centre console (by the brake switch) to mute the sound. I'm wondering if that's the way intended? sort of Japanese way  :)
Not noticed any buzz or problems with speakers tho'. Still taking it easy as less than 200 miles done, but I have revved up to 3500 revs here and there. Don't believe in running in other than as manual says to not go excessive. When I have done a few more miles will take to 4000 revs, then say 500 miles take it to 5000. When run in at 600 miles give a full blast. Should not get any cylinder glazing then I hope.  8)

Offline Rusty Bike

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 06:36:04 pm »
Not really impressed with the Bose system. Biggest gripe is that music played via USB starts from track 1 every journey. The poxy JVC in our MX5 can continue each time. Also it annoys me that I can't turn off the engine without turning off music too. On the subject of turning off the engine, I think Mazda have created a hazard with their button start/stop. Three times I have released clutch to exit the car only to find that the engine was still running. It almost happened yesterday hence my post. Happens when I'm in a rush. Car hadn't completely come to rest. I hit the button to stop the engine but it didn't stop. I'm sorry Mazda, but if I hit the stop button, the engine needs to stop. Don't give me any legal crap about freewheeling. Millions of cars have a key. The driver is in control. If he/she decides to turn off the engine it is their decision. This has been taken away and I have learned the hard way. Luckily no damage has so far been done. Same with the opening of tailgate. There is no override. Engine must be stopped before it opens. I car share so I have to turn off for each passenger to put bag in the back. BTW I-stop stops engine(sometimes) but this is not enough. No, complete turn off is necessary. Manual says it is to prevent someone getting burned by exhaust. Well if that's the case, another hazard has been created. Passengers have been standing at the rear of my car for ages, trying to open the door. Lucky they didn't get their legs burned off! No more Mazdas for me. Can you tell?

Offline makkmartono

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Clearwater Blue (40B)
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 09:13:14 pm »
It is interesting what you say about this car. I had issues with mine not same like you, but it clearly shows me that Mazda messed this car up big time. The previous ones were a lot better. I had my Skyactiv-D for a year now back in a 2.0 TS2. Because that is working.
Skoda Octavia vRS 230 DSG Hatch
Mazda 6 Hatchback TS2 2.0 Manual
Mazda 6 Tourer Sport 2.2 175 Auto
Mazda 3 Hatchback Sport 185 Manual
Ford Focus mkII Zetec 2.0 TDCi
Ford Focus mkI Zetec 1.8i

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 07:41:08 pm »
Yeah I too hate small niggles and bad design, not just with Mazda but all modern "design" I sometimes feel that people dream something up and just try it for a laugh; no product testing in real life.
 Having a saloon I haven't encountered the tailgate issue but I wouldn't stand for stuff like that, can the system be re programmed by Mazda dealer to bypass/override this? I fail to see the attraction of button stop/start buttons, seems to have become something of a fashion statement, ditto with electric handbrakes-- pointless, I have a mate with an A6 and you can't change the rear pads without the engine running to work the electric handbrake and allow the pads to be removed, classically poor design! I guess it's cost cutting with most things.
Rusty bike- try looking for info online re the USB, the latest software update seems to improve this and apparently the way the stick is formatted has an impact too, this is hearsay but a quick search with Mazda and usb etc will show links and threads if I recall related to the M3 but the basics will be that same.