Author Topic: Stalling after battery change  (Read 7622 times)

Offline Craigmazda6

• S Class
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2011
Stalling after battery change
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:20:35 pm »
Hello I'm new to this forum. Recently I had my mazda 6 have a new battery. Since then my car was stalling at low speeds/stopping. This really confused the hell out of me, so searched the Internet for a solution.  What everyone seemed to suggest was cleaning out the throttle body head and air sensor. But I couldn't see the connection between changing the battery and the throttle body being faulty. So I phoned my local mazda dealer who said he had never heard of this before and to bring the car in to run a diagnostic on it. But it's all over the Internet mazda owners change or disconnected the battery and their car starts stalling, how can the mazda dealers not know about this. After searching further I found the solution and it's free so easy and sorts this problem out.
Basically your mazda is a computer on wheels,  and when the battery is disconnected for more than 5 minutes the computer resets itself, so now it thinks it's all new again, with all components new. But there not,  so the solution is re learn your computer, and that's easy, turn the engine on without anything else and leave it ticking over for about 20 minutes, after 20 minutes turn you aircon on full and still leave it ticking over for another 15 minutes. After that take it round the block and you will find your car is back to its former self. It took a while for me to find the solution so I thought I would pass this information on. If you knew this already fair enough if you didn't now you do.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Stalling after battery change
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 04:23:28 pm »
WELL DONE MATE  :o :) That's all i can say  ::)Speechless  :)
cheers steve  8)