Author Topic: 2.2 175hp Remap  (Read 8825 times)

Offline Madasadad

• S Class
  • Colour: Graphite Mica (38R) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2015
2.2 175hp Remap
« on: May 08, 2019, 01:34:59 pm »
Has anyone had their 175hp 2.2 diesel remapped?  Am thinking of going for a Celtic Tuning one for my Sport Nav Auto

Offline Madasadad

• S Class
Re: 2.2 175hp Remap
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 01:21:35 pm »
WOW, has no one remapped a SKy active diesel!  :o

Offline Elwood

• TS Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 07:03:47 pm »
Why would anyone want to?

Offline Madasadad

• S Class
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 09:24:57 pm »
Additional, power, torque, driveablilty, economy
Ive had a number of diesels remapped in the past, all with brilliant results.

Offline mareng73

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 05:59:46 pm »
One of the reasons that owners dont have their cars remapped is they have them on lease or hp and change them when they finish.
The technical reason is that there are a few faults that come up that could be expeensive if you have to pay for them yourself, but  often Mazda will pay, but  you mess with engine and they will claim  it is your fault and not  pay out .
Thirdly you have to inform your insurance company, if you don't and need to make a claim they could turn round and say the engine is not standard and we have not been informed.

There is quite enough power from the Skyactive diesels , but then having an auto you sacrifice some of that as compared to the manual.
It is possible to achieve 55 mpg  on a run and  48mpg normal running in the summer if driven sensibly. But  Sensible driving  &  Remapping  are not two words that normally don't  sit together.

So you pays your money and takes your chance.
Previous Cars
Rover 45 TDI
Rover 400 DI
Nissan 200SX
TR7
TR Spitfire

Offline Siw

• TS Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 05:30:44 pm »
Did you ever have the remap done?
I’m thinking of using the same company and having the 210 map put on.
My car is the 150bhp version, but the only difference between the 150 and 175 is the engine map..

Offline paradad

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 07:08:56 am »
I am considering getting my 2014 2.2, 6, remapped. I have had very good results in the past with my diesels, the best being a 2013 Grand C Max 2.0 Diesel where I got generally around 60mpg but on a run the best was 69.2 mpg!! My concern is finding the the best mapper. 

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 06:04:46 am »
Try to drive economically with the OEM setup first. If there was an easy way to reduce consumption and emissions, the manufacturers would have already done it.

One of the best ways to reduce the consumption is to fit a speed limiter like the commercial vehicle. Such limiter is not illegal while remapping the car has all sorts of implications.

It is like fitting a cheating device for emissions that it can go through the MOT but in real life you cannot be sure that it is as clean as it could be. Plus the new insurance premium is very likely to hit back hard.

So you end up with a modified car, by someone who is impossible to know as much as the manufactuter, for which you need to declare it to the insurance company. Both MOT and insurance are procedural and lack the substantial nature to find out about the remaps.

But you never know what could happen. You then sell the car and the next owner has no idea what he has bought. Is it worthy or is it just placebo?

Offline paradad

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 07:39:30 pm »
One of the reasons that owners dont have their cars remapped is they have them on lease or hp and change them when they finish.
The technical reason is that there are a few faults that come up that could be expeensive if you have to pay for them yourself, but  often Mazda will pay, but  you mess with engine and they will claim  it is your fault and not  pay out .
Thirdly you have to inform your insurance company, if you don't and need to make a claim they could turn round and say the engine is not standard and we have not been informed.

There is quite enough power from the Skyactive diesels , but then having an auto you sacrifice some of that as compared to the manual.
It is possible to achieve 55 mpg  on a run and  48mpg normal running in the summer if driven sensibly. But  Sensible driving  &  Remapping  are not two words that normally don't  sit together.

So you pays your money and takes your chance.

I have to disagree with your comment, (But  Sensible driving  &  Remapping  are not two words that normally don't  sit together.). You can drive sensibly and have a remap because in one hand you can reap the advantage of increased economy and on the other, if you want to have occasional fun, you can. Find a reputable company for your remap, declare it, it shouldn't increase your insurance by much, or, don't declare it!!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 09:41:51 pm by Willpower »

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 06:03:51 am »
I still do not get it. Why the manufacturers did not remap the cars from the factory to get better fuel economy and more performance in one go? There must be a catch somewhere.

Offline Siw

• TS Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 03:55:04 pm »
I still do not get it. Why the manufacturers did not remap the cars from the factory to get better fuel economy and more performance in one go? There must be a catch somewhere.
Usually it’s to do with engine wear and emissions. Plus not everyone gets a car serviced on time so manufacturers have to consider that too.

Also they like to keep costs down by manufacturing the same engine in different states of tune such as the 2.2d in the Mazda 6)

Offline apav

• Takuya Class
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 07:44:22 am »
That is what I was trying to convey as well. You can increase the performance or economy but there is a trade off that is going to cost unless you run the car based on accounting figures.