Author Topic: Saying hello. :0)  (Read 5299 times)

Offline filterlab

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
Saying hello. :0)
« on: May 23, 2017, 01:24:24 pm »
Afternoon chaps, just thought I'd say a hello to you all. I've just joined, although I have had my Mazda 6 for three months. I have a 2012 2.2D Sport 180 estate in silver, and a very lovely thing it is too. I've had a couple of (seemingly major) niggles, both of which turned out to be minor and cheap to sort. Now that's my kind of car!

This is actually my second Mazda 6. I had a 2002 2.3 Sport many, many moons ago, but I only had it for a month as it turned out to be one of the original batch which had sat at the docks for a few months before being sent to the dealer network for sale. Consequently it had completely rotted underneath and was not worth doing anything with. A refund later and I moved on.

Anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying my newer 6. My wife loves it, she says it's like sitting in an aeroplane, I love it as it's quiet, quick, economical and doesn't draw attention to itself, my 5 year old son loves it as he gets a huge thrill from pressing the start/stop button, and my daughter - well she's 11 months old so she's more impressed with her first pair of shoes.

I did actually install a Bluespark twin channel (boost and rail) box to see what kind of increase in performance level the engine has to offer, but I have removed it. I think I'd rather spend a couple of grand and get it professionally remapped with air in/out addressed too. As I use the car for business travelling, it's got to be super reliable and decently economical. I got the car on 3rd of March with 52k on the clock, it's now just gone over 60k in less than three months - such is the mileage I do.

I have the Bluespark box sitting around if anyone's interested, give me a yell.

Anyway, here's a couple of quick snaps for your delectation...

I added a polished boot edge trim piece which helps to protect the bumper top, looks cool too. I did that after those photos were taken. I've already picked up quite a bit of information from this forum via Google searches on a few subjects, so thanks chaps for that. Hopefully my limited experience of this car so far will help someone, obviously as I own it longer I'll doubtlessly garner some handy tips.

What I will say though is that I can't be bothered to personally pick up a spanner these days - I'd rather pay good mechanics money to do that bit for me. I used to be heavily involved in tuning Saabs years back, nowadays I like having clean hands. :)

Cheers fellas,

Rob.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2004
Re: Saying hello. :0)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 05:26:40 pm »
Welcome to the forums. Looks a very neat car.
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 05:46:15 pm »
High and welcome to the forum enjoy the car and the forum that's what it's all about  :) :) :)
GREAT LOOKING CAR and WHAT A GREAT COLOUR ::) ::) ::)OH YES same as mine my most favourite colour  ;D ;D ;D
Cheers Steve  8)

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Takuya Class
  • Watching events
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:04:35 pm »
No ! ! !    Really  ? ? ? ?     ;D ;D ;D ;D
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.

Offline filterlab

• S Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 10:12:37 pm »
Thanks chaps for the welcome.

I must say that my budget for the car was £12,000, but I really wanted the last of the GH series as I just love the body styling. I ended up saving a stack of cash by coming in under budget via a local dealer pricing war. :0)

I just adore the paler colours on this car, particularly the silver and the white - but there doesn't seem to be many white 6s around.