Author Topic: Sat Nav Guidance  (Read 5866 times)

Offline Streuth

• S Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2015
Sat Nav Guidance
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:33:24 pm »
Hi

I have a 2.2d SKYACTIV 150DPF StopStart EU6 SE-L NAV 6Spd (2017) - for those that have one, is it just me that wants to turn off the navigation guidance voice totally at times (as she only speaks to the drivers side speakers) instead of turn the guidance voice all the way down? - It still turns off music to the drivers side when an instruction is given and the guidance is set to 0.

I don't always want to hear the guidance as I can see from the map what direction to take, and passengers feel "motion sick" with the constant change of speaker prioritisation.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Offline stevem100

• Sport Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
Re: Sat Nav Guidance
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 05:37:55 pm »
She likes mentioning the speed cameras a few times to many for my liking and reduce your speed she likes saying that a lot as well  :(
Still it beats having to talk to the back seat driver  ;D ;D ;D ;) OR TURN THE WHOLE THING OFF  ??? Why don't they have a more sexy voice or even a blokes voice  ::) The Tom Tom set up use to give you a few choices not the Mazda one though  :'( :'( :'(
cheers steve  8)

Offline Arden4

• S Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport Nav
Re: Sat Nav Guidance
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 08:20:35 am »
Anyone know if it's possible to enter a complete postcode into the Nav without it going all predictive and demanding a street name and number?
I was going to a hotel in the middle of nowhere for which I had the postcode but it didn't have a street address and I could not enter the full postcode. Had to settle for a place I knew to be not far away and then trial and error from there.

Re the speed camera warning, on my way home I pass through a junction with traffic lights beyond which there is a speed camera. If I'm stopped by the lights I get "speed camera" endlessly repeated.
I've discovered that pressing the centre of the info switch on the steering wheel shuts her up.

Love the car but the Nav is not the best.