Author Topic: roof bars!! any suggestions?  (Read 10000 times)

Offline Rob969

• S Class
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2008
roof bars!! any suggestions?
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:57:21 pm »
About to buy some roof bars for my 2008 hatchback with fix points and wondered if anyone can suggest a specific brand. Is it worth the extra for Thule or Mazda ones. Cheers

Offline Flying KD

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: roof bars!! any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:01:53 pm »
Hi
I have had roof bars fitted to 3 different cars and have always used the Thule Aero Bars; they have the T-Track mounting system  and seem to be secure and durable, each set has had 2 bike carriers fitted. You will most likely find that the Mazda bars are either Thule or Mont Blanc anyway despite the badges; some manufactureres don't even put their own name on what they officially sell. I have purchased  my kits from:- http://www.skidrive.co.uk/   I have found them to be competitively priced and very helpful and knowledgeable if required on the 'phone.

Offline Razda

• TS Class
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2011
Re: roof bars!! any suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:38:11 pm »
I recently bought some Thule wing bars, they are a little bit more expensive than the aeros but they look amazing. It's Thule all the way for me, especially with the T track adapters, meaning no unsightly nuts and bolts. In my opinion it is worth getting equipment to make your car look stylish like the aero or wing bars.